Published For Columbia Asia Hospital
Child and adolescent psychiatrists are specialised in diagnosis and the treatment of disorders of thinking, feeling and/or behaviour affecting children, adolescents, and their families. A child and adolescent psychiatrist offers families the advantages of a medical education, the medical traditions of professional ethics and medical responsibility for providing comprehensive care.
A bunch of Psychiatry:
- Behavioural & emotional disorder of childhood.
- Physical symptoms such as non-organic headache and stomach pain in which stress or other environmental factors appear to play an important causative role.
- Delays and deviations in development.
- General and specific learning problems.
- Age from 4-18 years old.
Your child might see a child psychiatrist if you think your child has the following example cases:
- Attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD)
• Childhood depression or pre-teen and teenage depression
• Autism spectrum disorders
• Severe childhood anxiety or teenage anxiety
• Self-harming behaviour
• Schizophrenia (psychosis)
• Eating disorder
• Severe conduct disorder
• Trauma or other stress-related disorders
If your child is suffering from any of the problems described above, consult a child and adolescent psychiatrist to seek medical support. Medical support may be sought at Columbia Asia Hospital – Iskandar Puteri by booking an appointment with Dr Nor Rahidah Abd Rahim who is a Visiting Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist at 07-233 9938.